ASIMCO Technologies was the first multi-product, multi-plant automotive components supplier to be established by international investors and companies in China. The Industrial Policy which China implemented in 1994 named automotive as one of the country’s seven pillar industries. In order to encourage investment in China’s auto components sector, China said, as part of its new policy, that foreign investors in China’s automotive components sector could have majority ownership, the only industry where this was permitted at the time.
Founded by Jack Perkowski in February 1994, ASIMCO Technologies pioneered China’s auto supply industry as the first industry consolidator and a leading independent automotive components company in China with sales in excess of $650 million. Sold to Bain Capital in 2010.
- Blocks and heads, piston rings, camshafts, fuel systems, compressors, starters and alternators, NVH, and other products.
- Headquarters: Beijing, PRC.
- 10 manufacturing facilities.
- 52 sales offices in China.
- Regional offices in the U.S., Germany and Japan.
- 85% China.
- 15% overseas, primarily U.S., Europe and Japan.
- Leading assemblers and Tier-One companies in China and globally.
- Pioneered the development of local management in China.
- Named one of the “Ten Best Employers in China” three times.
ASIMCO’s Competitive Advantages
Comprehensive Product Portfolio
- Offers most major components to the diesel engine market.
- Dominant market share in core product areas; typically holds the #1 or #2 market position in China.
Entrenched Customer Relationships
- Longstanding relationships with the largest diesel engine OEMs in China.
- Unequaled knowledge of local market and global trends.
Domestic Distribution Network
- Extensive distribution network in China.
- Ability to service aftermarket that is vital to customer relationships.
Market-Leading Engineering and Product Development
- Engineering leadership in China spearheads the development of next generation products.
- Shapes product portfolio based on direct feedback from customers.
Platform for Growth
- Localized market intelligence and expertise on the changing dynamics in the Chinese market.
- Potential to expand product offerings through licensing agreements or joint ventures.
- Acquisition opportunities in related product lines.